Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Going Back to the Basics....

Hihi!

I'm someone who change my nail colour pretty often. At the initial phase of the obsession with trying out different colours, my nails got so badly beaten up by the strong chemicals that it started peeling. *Shock Horror!* Since then, a deliberate effort on nail care has been made to ensure that I don't go through the same trauma again.

I'm hoping to keep this entry light and breezy - so I won't be going into details on how each of the product has performed so far but rather a overview on what I have tried and currently using to keep the nails going strong.

First up, the nail and cuticle moisturizing essentials:

TFS Nail Pleasure Nail & Cuticle Oil

TFS Rich Hand Sweet Almond Oil Cuticle & Nail Balm

Gena Cuticle Oil with Grape Seed

Sally Hansen Nail Quencher

Besides using a good moisturizer, it is also equally important that a good base coat is being used. A good base coat would prevent staining of the nails when using dark colours and it also works as a barrier between your nails and the strong chemicals used in the nail polish, especially in some of the lower quality ones. So if you have to splurge, this would be the item to spend on!! :o)

OPI Start to Finish Base and Top Coat, Sally Hansen Complete Care Extra Moisturizing 4-in-1 Treatment

I have been discovering alot of hidden gems within my current stash and I think I should do a post soon on all my re-discovered loves. But in the meantime, sleep tight everyone. Thanks for reading. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment